- Software mobility. If you have a terminology database, or are thinking about having one, then you need TBX as an export/import format. It gives you the freedom to move your data to whatever terminology management system you want. Having software choices is in your interest.
- Authoring. Do you want to drive consistency of words and terms at the authoring stage? Do you also translate your content? Then you will need to move your terminology data between your authoring and translation tools. TBX is the interchange format.
- Translation. Today, translation usually involves the use of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools. If you want to be able to integrate your terminology data into any CAT tool, you need TBX as an import/export format. Without TBX, you could be “locked” into one specific CAT tool, which could restrict your choice of language service providers (LSPs).
- Data Mining. If your database can be exported to TBX format, then it can be analyzed by a wide range of applications using standard XML processors. With TBX, the reports you can generate are limitless.
- Peace of mind. TBX is an ISO standard. The value and importance of ISO standards are well documented.
© 2017 LTAC Global